we live in a world where pizza gets to your house before the police.
That’s because the pizza guy has consequences if his job is done incorrectly.
but not by the pizza guy
"Don’t go towards the light, Johnny. Stay here with your salad."
That fact that ‘Fight Club’ is being taught seems — to me — to underscore the dearth of novels that explore male issues. The past years have given us so many books, from ‘The Color Purple’ to ‘The Joy Luck Club’ to ‘How to Make an American Quilt,’ which depict women in groups and relationship, but almost no books depicting social models for men. That’s my two cents worth.
i am sitting here SCREAMING with laughter
what world do you live in chuck palahniuk
and how can i live in this world with a dearth of novels that explore male issues
showing this to everyone who tries to argue that palahniuk is being ironic and mocking masculinity and ‘male issues’ in fight club
I think at least two rules of Fight Club are being broken by this class.
"almost no books depicting social models for men"
Oh wait, you were serious?
Fight Club was published in 1996.
The Color Purple was published in 1982
Joy Luck Club was published in 1989
(and note how these are both books about women of color)
They are not books “the past years” have given us, you IGNORAMUS. THEY WERE PUBLISHED THIRTY YEARS AGO. YOUR BOOK IS MORE CONTEMPORARY THAN THEY ARE.
Translation: “Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me. I am uncomfortable when we are not about me. Me.
Also, I am so lost in the Manbox, I think dudes beating the crap out of each other qualify as a social model for men.”
when i was new to the UK, somebody asked me if i had rubber and i gave them a condom because i didnt know they meant eraser
My dad is from Scotland & immigrated to the US in the 70s. He was working @ John Hopkins & one day he went down to the supply clerk & asked her for a pack of rubbers. The woman just about slapped him & he left all confused, like what’s so offensive that I just want to erase something??? He still didn’t know why she was giving him attitude & kept asking her for like a week before someone pulled him aside & was like bro, you can’t be asking a random woman for condoms!
As a thank you to all my followers and customers I’m doing a big giveaway! You can win one of three gift vouchers that can buy you anything from my shop.
- 1ˢᵗ place: 15€ gift voucher for my shop
- 2ⁿᵈ place: 10€ gift voucher for my shop
- 3ʳᵈ place: 5€ gift voucher for my shop
- You must reblog this post to enter. Likes do not count. Reblog as often as you like!
- You must be following this blog to enter.
- Giveaway blogs are not taken into consideration.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (if you’re younger ask your parents for permission).
- Please leave your ask box open so that I can contact you.
- This contest is run by me and is in no way associated with tumblr other than tumblr being the platform where it is held. Any information is given to me, not to tumblr.
- This giveaway ends on the 15th of December 2014. Your last chance to reblog is on that day. Winners will be announced shortly after.
dude this shit looks awesome!!